New Season Predictions
August 30, 2013 in Poker News
- The Open Face Chinese craze will slow down
- Jason Mercier will rediscover his winning ways
- Smaller buy-in tours will continue to thrive
- A new young star will emerge
- The European Poker Tour will enjoy bigger turnouts
- Macau will still be the hottest place in poker
I found most interesting of all the one where a young start will emerge. According to Bluff it is a while since we saw the “Next Big Thing”. Viktor Blom and Daniel Cates were the last young superstars that came to the scene. As they say it can’t be an American. The last young stars started around 19 years playing online. Anyone who was 19 on Black Friday is now 21. The likelihood of someone started playing after Black Friday in US and continuing to play online poker is slim. Also the players that started before more likely returned to school after that and didn’t move outside the USA. Everything leads to someone from Europe were the restrictions are less.
To read the full article click here.